Are you an Etsy seller looking to boost your sales and save on fees? Etsy has introduced an exciting new feature that can help you achieve both goals. It’s called Etsy Save & Share, a program designed to reward sellers for driving traffic to their Etsy listings that results in sales. In this blog post, we’ll explore how this program works, how to use it effectively, and why incorporating branded links, such as those from Link.Store, can supercharge your Etsy success.
What is Etsy?
Etsy is an online marketplace renowned for its unique array of items and its distinct focus on handmade, vintage, and artistic products. What is Etsy, in essence? It is a platform that provides artisans, crafters, and collectors with an opportunity to present and sell their creations to a global audience. Established in 2005, Etsy differentiates itself from other e-commerce websites by fostering a community where creativity is valued over mass production. When one asks, “What is Etsy famous for?” the answer often highlights its array of bespoke items that are not typically available on mainstream retail sites.
But what is Etsy’s business model? It enables sellers to create personal storefronts where they can list their goods for a fee, embracing everything from custom jewelry and apparel to antique furniture and art supplies. What is Etsy’s criteria for items sold on its platform? Handcrafted items must be made or designed by the sellers. If third parties are involved, transparency is required. This commitment ensures that shoppers know the origin of the handmade products they are purchasing.
What is Etsy doing to connect buyers and sellers? The platform goes beyond the transactional nature of buying and selling; it offers a community-centric experience where customers can communicate directly with the creators of the items they purchase. This interaction adds a layer of personal engagement that’s rare in the wider e-commerce landscape. What is Etsy’s role for a seller? It is a launching pad for small business owners, equipping them with tools and support to establish and expand their online presence effectively.
Delving into what is Etsy’s impact on society and the environment, it’s noteworthy that the company takes an active stance on sustainability. It highlights shops that offer recycled or upcycled products and offsets carbon emissions from shipping, attracting environmentally conscious buyers. What is Etsy doing about social responsibility? It empowers sellers from various backgrounds to contribute to a diverse market of goods while also making socially conscious decisions.
So, what is Etsy’s value proposition for potential sellers and buyers? For those looking to sell, Etsy provides a platform with relatively low entry barriers and a vast audience. Buyers are drawn to the marketplace for its array of items that often carry a story or a personal touch, supporting individual crafters and small businesses in the process.
What is Etsy, if not a reflection of the changing landscape of e-commerce, where the story behind a product is as important as the product itself? It is an ecosystem that celebrates the distinctiveness of independent makers and connects them with an appreciative customer base. In summary, what is Etsy but a testament to the creative spirit of individual entrepreneurs and the growing demand for personalized, meaningful purchases? It remains a favored destination for those who value the artistry and history behind the items they choose to bring into their lives.
Understanding Etsy’s Save & Share
Etsy Save & Share is a unique program that operates on the principles of affiliate marketing. Here’s a breakdown of how it works:
- Unique Links: Etsy provides participating sellers with unique links that they can share outside of Etsy. These links are instrumental in monitoring traffic driven by the seller.
- Save on Fees: When a buyer clicks on a seller’s unique link and makes a purchase, Etsy rewards the seller by deducting 4% of the order total from their Etsy bill. This feature offers sellers substantial savings on fees, ultimately boosting their profits.
- Link Types: Sellers can choose from various types of links, including links to their store, specific listings, promo codes, recent rave reviews, and even sections of their store. Each link type serves a unique purpose and can be strategically employed to attract different types of customers.
- No Expiry: The unique links provided by Etsy do not expire, giving sellers the opportunity to continue driving traffic and earning refunds over time.
Which Link to Use?
To get started with Etsy Save & Share, you need to find your unique store link provided by Etsy. Once you have it, consider enhancing your marketing strategy with branded links from Link.Store. Here’s how:
- Find Your Store Link: Locate your unique store link in your Shop Manager. It’s typically found in the upper right-hand corner of your Shop Dashboard, in your Stats, or on the Share & Save page in your Shop Manager. Example – upstrider.etsy.com
- Claim Your Branded Link: Use a service like Link.Store to claim your free branded link. Just copy paste your link (like upstrider.etsy.com) and claim your enter the branded link you want (like upstrider.store). These links are memorable, professional, and have been shown to have 48% higher click-through rates than generic links.
- Start Sharing : You can start sharing your link (like upstrider.store) with customers and Link.Store will automatically auto-forward your customers to the link provided by Etsy. This way Etsy will also be able to track the traffic coming to your Etsy store.
Why Use a Branded Link
Branded links offer several advantages that can amplify your Etsy marketing efforts:
- Become a Memorable Brand: Branded links incorporate your store name or relevant keywords, making your store more memorable and recognizable.
- Higher Click-Through Rates: Studies show that branded links can achieve up to 48% higher click-through rates compared to generic links. This means more potential customers visiting your store.
- Enhanced Trustworthiness: Trust is crucial in online shopping. Branded links exude professionalism and credibility, making them more trustworthy to around 60% of online shoppers.
- Improved Search Ranking: Branded links can help improve your store’s search ranking, making it more discoverable to potential customers on Etsy’s marketplace.
Real-Life Examples of Etsy Sellers Using Branded Links
To illustrate the power of branded links and how Etsy sellers are leveraging them, let’s take a closer look at two real-life examples:
Example 1: Eggie Studio
Eggie Studio is an Etsy seller specializing in unique handmade clay jewelry. To enhance their online presence and create a memorable brand identity, they’ve adopted a branded link strategy. On their Instagram profile, they prominently feature the link “eggiestudio.store.” This branded link not only directs potential customers to their Etsy store but also makes their brand more recognizable.
Example 2: Bluhem
Bluhem, another Etsy seller, sells handmade jewelry. They understand the importance of consistent branding across various touchpoints. Besides using “bluhem.store” on Instagram, they’ve taken their branding to the next level by incorporating their branded link, “bluhem.store,” into their product packaging.
These examples demonstrate how Etsy sellers can effectively utilize branded links to create memorable brands, increase trust among customers, and drive more traffic to their Etsy stores. By incorporating branded links into their marketing efforts, sellers like Eggie Studio and Bluhem have harnessed the full potential of Etsy’s Save & Share program, ultimately leading to increased sales and a stronger online presence.
Where to Use Your Branded Link
Now that you have a branded link for your Etsy shop, it’s time to put it to good use. Here’s a list of places where Etsy sellers can effectively utilize their branded links to drive traffic and increase sales:
- Instagram Bio: As seen in the example of Eggie Studio and Bluhem, your Instagram bio is a prime location to showcase your branded link. Make it easy for your Instagram followers to explore your Etsy shop by including your branded link.
- Social Media Posts: Share your branded link in your social media posts and stories across platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Direct your audience to specific listings or promotions using tailored branded links.
- Email Marketing: Incorporate your branded link into your email newsletters and promotional emails. It can serve as a direct gateway to your shop or highlight special offers.
- Personal Website or Blog: If you have a personal website or blog, use your branded link to drive visitors directly to your Etsy shop. This seamless integration enhances the user experience.
- Business Cards: Print your branded link on your business cards. When you meet potential customers in person, handing them a card with your branded link makes it easy for them to find you online.
- Product Packaging: Just like Bluhem, consider adding your branded link to your product packaging. This creates a professional and consistent brand experience for your customers.
- Etsy Conversations: When communicating with potential buyers on Etsy Conversations, you can include your branded link to specific listings to provide easy access to products you’ve discussed.
- Online Advertisements: If you run online ads or promotions, use your branded link as the destination URL. This not only looks more professional but also builds trust with potential customers.
- Collaborations and Partnerships: When collaborating with influencers or partners, provide them with your branded link. It ensures a cohesive and professional representation of your brand.
Remember that the versatility of branded links allows you to tailor your approach to different marketing channels and campaigns. By strategically placing your branded link in these locations, you can maximize its impact and make it easier for potential customers to discover and engage with your Etsy shop.
Here are answers to some common questions about Etsy Save & Share:
Q1. How is the Save & Share refund calculated?
A1. Etsy takes 4% of the order total off your Etsy bill for each eligible sale.
Q2. Does participation in Save & Share affect my search ranking?
A2. No, participating in Save & Share doesn’t affect your search ranking.
Q3. How long are links eligible?
A3. Buyers must place an order within 30 days of clicking your link for it to be Save & Share eligible. The good news is that the links never expire.
Q4. What if a buyer returns an item?
A4. If you refund a buyer, your Etsy transaction and processing fees for the refunded transactions are automatically refunded, and your Save & Share refund will no longer apply.
Q5. How does Save & Share work with Offsite Ads?
A5. It’s based on the last link the buyer clicked before making a purchase. If your unique link is the last link clicked, you’ll save on fees.
In conclusion, Etsy Save & Share is a fantastic opportunity for Etsy sellers to save on fees while driving more sales to their shops. By incorporating branded links into your strategy, you can enhance your shop’s professionalism, trustworthiness, and discoverability. So, start utilizing this program today and watch your Etsy business thrive!